Monday 7 May 2012

Loving the pain!

"Pain is meant to wake us up. People try to hide their pain. But they're wrong. Pain is something to carry, like a radio. You feel your strength in the experience of pain. It's all in how you carry it. That's what matters. Pain is a feeling. Your feelings are a part of you; your own reality. If you feel ashamed of them, and hide them, you're letting society destroy your reality; you should stand up for your right to feel pain." – Jim Morrison.

Yesterday the Pancreatic Cancer Fighters ran the BMO Vancouver Half Marathon in support of Pancreatic Cancer Canada's attempts to fund research. Despite the sprained knees, blisters and soreness I feel pretty great! I am so thankful for all the support I've received from my family and friends that the pain is well worth everything I've gained.

Many heartfelt thanks,
Maria Bernardo
www.medianfundraising.com
 

No comments:

Post a Comment