Sunday 10 April 2016

The end of a term...


It is with extreme gratitude that I write this to you, our Median volunteers, friends & family. Yesterday we had Median’s Annual General Meeting. In it we discussed our past year’s activity and I made my very big announcement. Yesterday, I formally stepped down from my position as Median Fundraising’s President and from my role as a board member.

Although Median had just celebrated 3 years in February that was simply just our incorporation anniversary. Median was started before then, so in fact we are in our 6th year of operations. And I can truly say that I spent all of my energy and being ensuring that Median continued to run forward. My term has run out - my resources have been depleted and my strength to forge Median forward has been used up. It was a very difficult and sad decision for me to make but definitely one that was necessary for myself and of course for Median.

While I am not on the board of directors, I still exercise the privilege in my humanity to continue to volunteer for greater social good. We still have our Live Music Fundraiser for Beauty Night this Friday and I would love to see you there.

Sincerely,

Maria Margarita P. Bernardo

No comments:

Post a Comment